Flipping Digits Puzzle
This puzzle is based on one of my math tricks.
These are the only 4 digits allowed in this trick:
Using addition or subtraction, can you figure out how to turn one number into another in the exercises below?
- Turn 999 into 999,666 in 2 moves.
- Turn 6,969 into 9,696 in 2 moves.
- Turn 99,999 into 66,966 in 1 move.
- Turn 999,666,999 into 96,969 in 3 moves.
- Turn 699,996 into 966,669 in 2 moves.
- Turn 666,969,999 into 66,999 in 1 move.
- Turn 999,999 into 969,999,696 in 2 moves.
P.S.: Make sure that the sums & differences only have 6's or 9's as digits!
Give up? Click here for the answer!
Back to Puzzles & Games Page
Back to Index Page
© Derek Cumberbatch